VolusonTM E10 - GE Healthcare
Ultrasound system by GE Healthcare Austria GmbH & Co OG.
VolusonTM E10 – GE Healthcare Austria GmbH & Co OG
Developed for advanced and sensitive fine diagnostics in gynaecology and prenatal medicine
Over a period of around 18 months, DMTpe conducted the entire mechanical development of the new VolusonTM E10 ultrasound device. The development process was systematically divided into individual phases and carried out at DMTpe by an interdisciplinary team. The individual phases were coordinated with GE and released.
DMTpe services & working packages:
- Project coordination
- Product definition and concept phase
- Mechanical design, procurement and installation of an industrial design (ID) mock-up
- Alignment of the ID for manufacturability, part design and installation space analysis
- Coordination with the external electronical engineering team for the user interface
- Development and production – ready construction of all mechanical parts and components
- Procurement, assembly and commissioning of prototypes in the individual development phases
- Implementation of mechanical functional tests
- Design and supply of 64 tools for finished parts
- Supply of all final series parts for more than two years
In our fourth joint project, DMTpe's highly structured methodology and vast expertise have again made a major contribution to our ambitious project objectives. The result: one of medical technology's most innovative products.
Engineering Manager, GE Healthcare Austria GmbH & Co OG