New Product Introduction
NPI stands for New Product Introduction and begins in the phase of prototype development, where more than 50% of subsequent manufacturing costs are determined. The initially apparently higher amount of effort and expense justifies the result:
in the NPI process, DFx (Design-for-Excellence) actions are used to develop a cost-optimized prototype along the entire product development process, which can be seamlessly transferred to the series production, therefore enabling a rapid market launch.
Our NPI services are comprised of:
- Series process development parallel to the product development
- DFM consultation and reviewing accompanying the development
- Selection of the production processes based on cost and function requirements
- Creation of injection molding tools
- Procurement of off-tool prototypes and initial series parts
- Initiation of the series production for the ramp-up phase at the customer
- Preparation of a stable parts delivery & series logistics
NPI, considered to be an integral part of the development process at DMT, accompanies the product development process through all phases and ensures a high degree of cost transparency at short implementation times into the suitable target processes.
Head NPI / Series Process Development